IPTV traditionally refers to television that is distributed over an IP network — the same kind of network people use to surf the internet and exchange emails. In reality, IPTV technology enables an organization to use an existing IP network to carry much more than just television.
With IPTV, you can easily distribute live terrestrial and satellite television and radio, video, DVDs, digital Video on Demand (VoD), digital signage, information boards and web content throughout your facility. This multimedia content can be viewed on standard and Smart TVs thin clients, large format displays, as well as desktop computers. Recent technology innovations now enable IP video distribution beyond the wired LAN to include WAN, the internet and mobile devices.
Core Benefits of IPTV:
- Cost-effective - Using your existing IP network, TVs, PCs, and AV display units without requiring a separate satellite/aerial signal distribution system within the building or campus significantly reduces cost with greater potential for high ROI
- Flexible and Scalable - Enterprise IPTV enables the addition of new TV and video sources and users anywhere there is a network connection, without picture degradation, so it is quicker and less expensive to extend a system
- Rapid deployment – IPTV video scalability and ease of management enables the rapid rollout of new TV, video and broadband services across the whole organization in response to needs and opportunities
- Save costly internet bandwidth - IPTV multicasting technology makes better use of LAN bandwidth, by streaming each channel once over the network regardless of the number of end viewers, rather than as multiple streams through your internet gateway
- Greater security - With IP video systems, all internet access to streaming content can be blocked at firewall for greater security and regulatory compliance, and built-in security tools ensure content is fully protected as it passes through the system
- Extensive access control - Granular control of content access by user or group enhances security and regulatory compliance
- Stream content beyond the wired LAN - Mobile consumers are able to keep up to date with the latest news, events and entertainment channels on their chosen device, at any time, wherever they are
- Focus on the user experience - IPTV frees AV experts from mundane wiring concerns to concentrate on core competency: the user experience from source to display, e.g., content generation, digital signage, designing boardroom display systems or corporate studios
- Lower management costs - IPTV brings AV distribution under IT control for lower management costs and more efficient network planning
An end-to-end IPTV solution from Exterity harnesses the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain by leveraging your existing IP network. Exterity solutions enable organizations to bring video to any device, in any format, anywhere in a business environment. Read more about Exterity Solutions or download the What is IPTV? factsheet.
Our end-to-end IP video and digital signage solutions are tailored to your industry: from corporate & finance, education and hospitality to transport hubs, oil rigs and hospitals, Exterity provides the IPTV foundation that inspires outstanding multi-industry solutions. Read more about the Industries we serve.