Transform digital media content for compatibility with any device, anywhere
Deliver high-quality content to any device
Exterity AvediaStream Transcoders enable content to be easily converted into a compatible format for delivery to the users preferred viewing device, whether that’s a TV/display screen, a computer or a mobile device.
Features & Benefits
Broad range of functionality
- Scale: reduce or increase the resolution of the image, for example, from 4K to 1080p.
- Transcode: change the encoding of the video and/or audio; for example, HEVC to H.264.
- Transrate: alter the compression and therefore the transmission bit rate, regardless of whether the codec type is changed or not, for example, go from 6Mbps to 500kbps.
- Transpose: rotate the video (270 degrees) for use in portrait video.
Extensive range of use cases
- Enable real-time delivery of video and audio content to any device, keeping end users up to date and entertained, wherever they are.
- Save 50% bandwidth whilst maintaining quality using the HEVC (H.265) codec, which is especially important for 4K content.
- Ensure video traceability and brand your video content with customisable text, image and time watermarking.
- Easily distribute production-quality video from your NDI® or SDI live production environments to your Exterity IP video solution and vice versa.
- Increase reliability with transcoder high availability and channel redundancy, providing continued availability of streams using a failover mechanism.
- Our Transcoders and Origin Server platforms support RTMPS, enabling organisations to stream live events, such as sports competitions, to Facebook Live and reach a broad audience.
Full integration with Exterity’s solutions
- Provide live TV within digital signage with ArtioSign, as part of an interactive portal with ArtioGuest for accommodation, or ArtioPortal for enterprise and other markets.
- Make channels available on the network alongside video streams using AvediaStream Encoders and Gateways.
- Stream premium audio-visual content to any IPTV end point, including AvediaPlayer Media Players.
- Deliver video streams to mobile devices with the AvediaStream Origin Server.