Join the team
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the successful candidate will manage the overall efficient and effective running of the established UK and international finance and accountancy function. Key objectives include ensuring compliance with relevant financial regulations and reporting requirements and turning financial data into meaningful information for use by the senior management team and board.
Key responsibilities will include but are not restricted to the following:
- Coordinate monthly payrolls for UK and international employees in conjunction with external payroll bureaus, including PAYE and pensions returns
- Coordinate all UK and international tax and regulatory compliance issues in conjunction with our international Accountants
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities
- Liaise with external advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information
- Review the monthly management accounts and VAT calculations
- Review of Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Manage the preparation of annual statutory Accounts
- Manage insurance policies, renewals and claims
- Continually review internal company policy, controls and processes to improve and support evolving business requirements
- Provide day-to-day technical advice and support to Accounts and Operations team, providing training as required
- Coordinate UK and international office administration requirements for Exterity entities based around the world
- Coordinate advice to regional Sales Directors on financial matters arising in their region by working with our international Accountants
In addition to the above, this role will also provide support and assistance for the following Finance duties carried out within the team:
- Expenses claims audit and processing
- AP invoice processing
- Credit Card transactional processing
- GL reconciliations
- Month end reporting tasks
- Annual audit preparations
- Ad-hoc accounts and administrative tasks as required
This role would suit an experienced Accountant looking to develop their skills at Financial Controller level within a growing SME. The ideal candidate will be looking for a hands-on role with plenty of opportunities to grow and expand their financial and industry knowledge.
Typical qualities of a successful Financial Controller include:
- Extensive experience of working in a dynamic accounts team and have experience of managing a small Finance team.
- Up to date technical knowledge of accounting regulations, processes and procedures
- Good understanding of business as well as financial issues
- Be familiar with a recognised accountancy and/or ERP system
- Have strong experience of using Microsoft Office software, particularly confident in Excel and data interrogation skills
Educated to degree level and be a fully qualified member of CIMA/ACCA or similar body.
- Ability to take initiative, working with a number of differing priorities, and see things through to completion with a strong attention to detail and within required timescales
- Has strong decision-making skills, with ability to influence to effectively deliver day to day requirements of the Finance department and drive change where needed
- Able to work in situations of ambiguity, whilst being able to plan and organise current workload
- Ability to lead and manage a small team, with ability to delegate where needed to ensure work is delivered accurately and to a high standard
- Able to build strong relationships within the Finance team and other departments, along with key stakeholders in the business particularly at senior level
Exterity is a market-leading provider of IP video and digital signage technology that helps organisations to harness the power of video to engage, inform and entertain. Our end-to-end IP Video, Digital Signage and Guest Experience solutions enable users to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via your existing network. From corporate, finance and hospitality, to stadiums, remote facilities and education, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. Exterity customers around the globe include BBC, Thomson Reuters, Sanofi, PSV Eindhoven, The Open Golf Championship, Six Senses Zighy Bay Hotel & Resort, Royal Randwick Racecourse, Phoenix TV Beijing, University College London and many more.
How to Apply:
Exterity is an equal opportunity employer, and the only thing that matters to us is your ability to do
this role. To apply please send your CV and cover letter with an indication of your salary expectations to [email protected]