Edinburgh / Sydney –December 2017 – Exterity today announced three new hires in Asia Pacific, driven by accelerated business growth in the region.
- Three new hires supports regional growth
- Strengthened relationships with channel and technology partners enhances on the ground support
- New customers showcase Exterity’s ability to capitalise on AV/IT convergence
“Asia Pacific is one of the world’s most innovative regions, and has consistently been the first to adopt new AV technologies – from digital signage through to giant displays and interactive screens. In 2017 we’ve seen near 100% growth in the region, which is a positive reflection of our strong, highly-valued relationships with our distributor, Midwich (Australia), and our regional channel partners, as well as our collective ability to capitalise on the AV/IT convergence and increasing demand for IP-based solutions,” said Colin Farquhar, CEO at Exterity. “The hospitality market has been particularly receptive to our solutions, for example, BAI Hotel Cebu in the Philippines now uses our solutions to offer TV and video entertainment in each of its 690 guest rooms, as well as digital signage in public areas and meeting rooms.”
To support this regional growth, the company has hired three new members of staff spread across the region, reporting into Jamie Hind, Regional Director for Asia Pacific:
- Greg Bright, Solutions Consultant, Asia Pacific, based in Sydney: Greg joins Exterity’s Asia Pacific team as a Solutions Consultant, bringing a wealth of technology and market knowledge. Having been involved in large projects across Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia, he has extensive experience in IPTV, AV/IT, VOD, and Digital Signage. Recently, he also immersed himself in the expanding OTT/IPTV industry, adding to Exterity’s solutions know-how across mobile content delivery, infrastructure design, and CMS utilisation. An expert in the IPTV space, Greg is a reliable and trusted source for designing and supporting complex solutions. Greg is a certified Redhat Linux System Administrator, and has a bachelor’s degree in business management.
- Stanley Chang, Regional Manager, Asia, based in Singapore: Stanley brings extensive local market and industry solutions knowledge and experience to Exterity’s Asia Pacific team that support the company in its expanding hospitality business. A customer service focussed, highly versatile sales & marketing professional, Stanley has 15 years’ solid experience in energy conservation and management solutions acquired at InnCom, part of Honeywell, and Interel, as well as surveillance and ELV solutions for a wide range of organisations. For the past 7 years, Stanley’s main focus has been to provide advice, solutions and services to assist major international hotel groups and hotel owners plan their hospitality automation projects without negatively impacting the guest experience. This required reviewing requirements, proposing system options that best meet project goals, and assisting architects and designers with device compatibility and optimisation. A Singapore national, Stanley has a diploma in information & technology and is a strong communicator able to provide marketing counsel to local & international business managers & channels in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
- Stephen Tsui, Regional Manager, Asia, based in Hong Kong: Stephen is responsible for managing sales and business development in the region, working alongside Exterity’s partners. Stephen is an expert in digital media technology, having spent 11 years in a regional sales role for Contentwise, D3 Technologies, Minerva Networks, Viaccess-Orca, Verizon Business and more. A specialist of the AV/IT/IP convergence, Stephen started his career in telecom and networking solutions before moving on to the digital media industry. A Hong Kong national, Stephen has a bachelor’s degree in computer science and speaks Cantonese, Mandarin and English fluently.
Jamie Hind, Regional Director Asia Pacific at Exterity, commented: “We welcome our three new members of staff – Greg, Stanley and Stephen – who will be working alongside our expert network of partners to offer the best-in-class products and solutions for Exterity’s customers from Manila to Melbourne – and everywhere in between.”
In addition to investing in a growing team, Exterity has also strengthened relationships with an extended group of regional partners, including ANZ distributor, Midwich (Australia); AVLS (Philippines); DVI Solutions (Singapore); Ideal Systems (Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China and Indonesia), NDT (Hong Kong); PCT Goodbridge (Philippines); PixelByte (Hong Kong), and Technology Solutionn (Singapore). These partners are part of Exterity’s StreamForce Partner Program – a global network of specialist channel partners that Exterity supports by providing ongoing, complementary training and resources to keep them up-to-date with the latest innovations, product releases and system enhancements.