At Exterity, we are passionate about video and making our customers’ viewing experience better than they could imagine.
If you are passionate about technology and think you have what it takes to work in IP video or software development, we’d love to hear from you.
Working at Exterity
Exterity is a global company, with a presence on every continent. We’ve been around for over 14 years and the same core Executive team has been in place since the start. We’re profitable and have an ambitious growth strategy; in fact, we’ve seen double or triple digit growth year on year and this is set to continue. We were also shortlisted as finalists in Scotland's Best Employer 2015 Awards.
Our Scottish headquarters is based in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh.
Careers at Exterity
As we’re growing, we have lots of opportunities for you to join us, so check out the current job vacancies below.
Solutions Consultant / Pre-Sales Engineer - Metro New York area preferred: New Jersey, Connecticut, West Chester, Long Island.
About the Role
Exterity is recruiting an experienced, technical and customer-focused Solutions Consultant to support our Channel Sales Managers with our current and expected growth across the North East region of the US.
Reporting to the VP Americas and working alongside the Exterity team, this position will support the Sales Team with the identification and development of sales opportunities and existing deployments with our channel partners and their end clients. The position will be based in the Metro New York area, with travel across North America expected.
The main focus of the role is pre-sales technical support and in some instances may also be responsible for the implementation of customer installations as a contracted specialist, supporting our channel partners.
Main duties include:
- Support the company sales team to help specify products for new customers, reply to tenders, and carry out web-based and on-site demonstrations and training
- Provide technical expertise and support for products
- Focusing on building relationships with technical teams of our partners
- Deliver product update training, support demonstrations and POCs in conjunction with our partners to the end users
- Generate revenue by providing commissioning services
- Occasionally it may be necessary to assist the central support team and the customer to debug and troubleshoot any problems faced during the installation process
The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge of at least one of the following areas. Strong knowledge in multiple areas will be seen as a distinct advantage:
- Digital AV technologies
- IP networking solutions
- Evidence of an ability to create innovative technical solutions to time and budget
- Experience of working in a pre-sales role, within the AV and/or IT industry in the US
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build customer relationships and provide phenomenal customer service
- Can show they are confident to stand up in front of an audience and present the company, a product, a solution or a technical demonstration in an effective and accurate manner
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a logical and engaging manner to customers and colleagues
- Patience, commitment and a desire to learn
A potential Solutions Consultant Pre-Sales Engineer should have the following:
- Possess good references
- Valid USA driving licence
- Must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the USA
- English fluent speaking, reading and writing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking or related field or have equivalent work-related experience
- Passport for international travel
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video technology that helps organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, live or on demand, to any connected device via an existing network. From corporate, finance and education, to hospitality, remote facilities, stadia and healthcare, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
How to Apply
Technical Support Engineer - Sydney
About the Role
Exterity is recruiting a Technical Support Engineer in Sydney to join our growing global support team. In this role you will assist the UK based post-sales support team to provide global support to Exterity’s network of partners (resellers and distributors). Together with the broader support team including Pre-Sales staff based in Sydney and around the world, the team also assists the global sales team with pre-sales technical enquiries.
Exterity is committed to finding, developing, and retaining an innovative, creative and diverse group of talented and dedicated professionals.
This will involve the following on a day to day basis:
- Providing email/telephone support to Exterity’s partners in ANZ, APAC and around the world
- Assisting Exterity’s ANZ/APAC Sales team and solutions consultants with pre-sales technical enquiries
- Troubleshooting problems/answering questions related to:
- Exterity’s IP video and digital signage products
- Digital video and broadcast TV
- IP networking and IP multicast
- Integration with 3rd party products
- Assisting partners and application developers to integrate with Exterity products using Exterity’s published APIs.
- Writing knowledgebase articles to share information both internally and externally
The role will also involve the following on an occasional basis:
- Travel (ANZ and APAC) in order to assist with equipment installation and/or troubleshooting
- Out of hours working, sometimes on an on-call rota
The successful candidate will fit the following profile:
- A technical professional with experience in post-sales support, pre-sales support and/or field engineer roles
The ideal candidate will meet many of the below criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking or related field
- Good general skills in computing and technology
- Knowledge of IP network-based products and IP networking solutions
- Knowledge of digital audio/video technologies
- Skills in software, shell scripting and/or web development
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- The ability to build customer relationships
- The desire and commitment to provide great customer service
- Eligibility to work in Australia
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video and digital signage technologies that help organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network. From corporate, finance and education, to hospitality, remote facilities, stadiums and healthcare, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
Exterity is headquartered in Scotland and we have a global reach through our offices in USA, London, Paris, Munich, Dubai, Australia and Johannesburg.
How to Apply
What we offer
Our strong growth provides plenty of career development opportunities
We recognise that great ideas can come at any time so we have flexible working hours to help support this
We’ve created a great team environment; we work in a relaxed way, have fun and create cool technology
Share in our success
Our Directors are keen to ensure that our employees efforts - which combine to create the company’s success - are rewarded. We have regular salary reviews, a pension plan, life cover and generous holiday entitlement, as well as the ability to buy extra holidays, child care vouchers, a ‘bikes to work’ scheme and many more benefits. As the company grows, the benefits we offer will grow too.
Recruitment agencies – We have a preferred suppliers list in operation and have good working relationships with our providers. In view of this, we do not accept applications from agencies outside of this agreement.
To find out more about Exterity, please visit our Company and Management page.