At Exterity, we are passionate about video and making our customers’ viewing experience better than they could imagine.
If you are passionate about technology and think you have what it takes to work in IP video or software development, we’d love to hear from you.
Working at Exterity
Exterity is a global company, with a presence on every continent. We’ve been around for over 15 years and the same core Executive team has been in place since the start. We’re profitable and have an ambitious growth strategy; in fact, we’ve seen double or triple digit growth year on year and this is set to continue.
Our Scottish headquarters is based in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh.
Careers at Exterity
As we’re growing, we have lots of opportunities for you to join us, so check out the current job vacancies below.
Solutions Consultant / Pre-Sales Engineer - Metro New York area preferred: New Jersey, Connecticut, West Chester, Long Island, USA.
About the Role
Exterity is recruiting an experienced, technical and customer-focused Solutions Consultant to support our Channel Sales Managers with our current and expected growth across the North East region of the US.
Reporting to the VP Americas and working alongside the Exterity team, this position will support the Sales Team with the identification and development of sales opportunities and existing deployments with our channel partners and their end clients. The position will be based in the Metro New York area, with travel across North America expected.
The main focus of the role is pre-sales technical support and in some instances may also be responsible for the implementation of customer installations as a contracted specialist, supporting our channel partners.
Main duties include:
- Support the company sales team to help specify products for new customers, reply to tenders, and carry out web-based and on-site demonstrations and training
- Provide technical expertise and support for products
- Focusing on building relationships with technical teams of our partners
- Deliver product update training, support demonstrations and POCs in conjunction with our partners to the end users
- Generate revenue by providing commissioning services
- Occasionally it may be necessary to assist the central support team and the customer to debug and troubleshoot any problems faced during the installation process
The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge of at least one of the following areas. Strong knowledge in multiple areas will be seen as a distinct advantage:
- Digital AV technologies
- IP networking solutions
- Evidence of an ability to create innovative technical solutions to time and budget
- Experience of working in a pre-sales role, within the AV and/or IT industry in the US
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build customer relationships and provide phenomenal customer service
- Can show they are confident to stand up in front of an audience and present the company, a product, a solution or a technical demonstration in an effective and accurate manner
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a logical and engaging manner to customers and colleagues
- Patience, commitment and a desire to learn
A potential Solutions Consultant Pre-Sales Engineer should have the following:
- Possess good references
- Valid USA driving licence
- Must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the USA
- English fluent speaking, reading and writing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Networking or related field or have equivalent work-related experience
- Passport for international travel
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video technology that helps organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, live or on demand, to any connected device via an existing network. From corporate, finance and education, to hospitality, remote facilities, stadia and healthcare, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
How to Apply
Commercial Project Manager - Exterity HQ, Dalgety Bay, Scotland
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious Commercial Project manager to deliver solutions for multinational hospitality opportunities. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will manage projects from initial customer engagement through to delivery, working with the sales team to analyse the needs and define the solution for the customer. Additionally, successful candidate will also proactively identify commercial opportunities in projects where we can add value to customer and commoditise our services.
Key Duties Include:
- Project Manage large projects and multiple smaller multisite projects, on a multi-vendor basis for delivery to End Customers.
- Ensure we deliver agreed work and product on time and to cost by working internally to ensure all the different departments are on track to deliver their part
- Acts as main point of contact with the end customer
- Proactively manages the technology integration process
- During all phases of customer engagement, proactively seeks out potential areas that we could assist further
- Keeps an eye on the long-term market trends and takes actions today that enables us to seize those future opportunities when they arise.
- Understand market verticals and feedback changes we could make to improve commercial offering
Conduct Project reviews during and after project completion to see what lessons can be learned for next project
You will have been used to managing large scale IT or AV projects, have an understanding of our technology and how it integrates with other technology in the AV space; and will be an experienced decision maker. Working on projects with many contractors will be second nature.
As a result of this experience you be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Strong Project Requirements Capture Skills
- Strong financial and commercial awareness
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Degree qualified most likely in Engineering related subject, likely to have worked in an Agile environment and may have some Prince2 training
To be effective in the role you will be able to show the following personal attributes:
- Planning & delivery – self-starter, driven by results
- Problem solver & decision maker - Good instinct for business and eye for detail.
- Though at heart a people person, achieves success with strong ownership and gets job done through own efforts
- Ability to work within a small team of peers on large projects and manage them to deliver on time whilst takes own responsibility and rolls up sleeves to get the job done
- Willingness to travel globally
Management and leadership – ability to manage small team
Exterity is a market leading provider of IP video and digital signage technologies that help organisations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. Our end-to-end solutions enable our customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network. From corporate, finance and education, to hospitality, remote facilities, stadiums and healthcare, Exterity has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions.
How to Apply
Test Engineer - Exterity HQ, Dalgety Bay, Scotland
About the Role
Exterity is recruiting for a Test Engineer to join the Quality Assurance department and this role is particularly suited to a candidate that has already spent their early part of their career working in a Test role and is now looking to take the next step in their career.
Your role will involve carrying out tests to verify new feature functionality in the company’s IPTV products. You will interact with developers; ensuring quality is maintained to the highest standard.
Essential skills are:
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patience, commitment and a desire to learn
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and processes
Desirable skills are:
- Knowledge of IP Networking
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl)
- Experience with Linux
- Exposure to Windows/OS X
- Testing experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with developing automated test scripts
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation qualified
Exterity is the leading enterprise IPTV specialist, our products and systems are deployed globally by some of the most recognised brands in the world. Exterity solutions enable organisations to distribute HD quality digital TV and video over IP networks to an unlimited number of end users.
An easy commute from Edinburgh, Exterity’s headquarters is a global operation working with clients and colleagues around the world. We have employees who started in Scotland and are now in Hong Kong, Dubai, Italy, France and the US.
How to Apply
Exterity is an equal opportunities employer, and the only things that matter to us is your ability to do this role.
What we offer
Our strong growth provides plenty of career development opportunities
We recognise that great ideas can come at any time so we have flexible working hours to help support this
We’ve created a great team environment; we work in a relaxed way, have fun and create cool technology
Share in our success
Our Directors are keen to ensure that our employees efforts - which combine to create the company’s success - are rewarded. We have regular salary reviews, a pension plan, life cover and generous holiday entitlement, as well as the ability to buy extra holidays, child care vouchers, a ‘bikes to work’ scheme and many more benefits. As the company grows, the benefits we offer will grow too.
Recruitment agencies – We have a preferred suppliers list in operation and have good working relationships with our providers. In view of this, we do not accept applications from agencies outside of this agreement.
To find out more about Exterity, please visit our Company and Management page.